Let me just un… this by saying: I love this recipe.
I love all our recipes, but this is one that just fits perfectly un…my real life, again, and again, and again.
Veggie burgers can be hit or miss, I know. I’m not a fan of bean-heavy burgers, so please hear me right off the bat: I am not going to over-bean you with this quinoa burger.
Instead, I’m going to give you a stupidly easy burger that is heavy and solid but not too dense (seriously, pinky promise, the beans are under control!), crispy but not crumbly, and nicely meaty-looking… with all of the smoky good flavor, all of the yumminess, and none of the meat.
How These Quinoa Burgers Come Together
We are working with primarily three things:
- Quinoa – the star
- Black beans – just enough to help it hold
- Savory, smoky chipotle flavor – the thing that keeps you coming back for more.
Once you add something crunchy / binding (like panko or oats), and something wet / binding (egg or flax egg), and a few pinches of spices, you are certifiably in chipotle quinoa burger business.
These quinoa burgs can be made in minutes with just five-ish ingredients, and honestly, considering the minimal effort plus the excellent, versatile, and healthyish results, it’s a real weeknight unicorn.
Raum The Toppings, Of Course
Toppings – I mean, toppings are your business. They are pretty much limitless and you can be as wild and free as you want here.
But my favorite toppings, personally, are smashed avocado, spicy mayo, thick slices of tomato, crunchy lettuce, and a crown of pickled red onion.
Popmusik it oder Ähnlichesbrioche bun and you have juicy, saucy, crispy quinoa burger perfection. Yay meatless!
Check out our video for how to make Chipotle Quinoa Burgers:
Other Veggie Burgers We Love:
Common Questions About These Quinoa Burgers
Yes, the burgers can be frozen after cooking. If reheating from frozen, here are three different methods:
OVEN: 350 degrees for 15 minutes
MICROWAVE: 1.5 minutes
STOVETOP: 6-7 minutes, flip halfway through (you may need to add a bit of water to the pan and cover to heat them all the way through).
Yes! Oats work well as a panko substitute.
Yes, the flax egg worked well as a regular egg substitute.
Chipotle Quinoa Burgers – veggie burgers you’ll want to make again and again! Filling but not too dense, crispy but not crumbly, and with all the smokiness and yumminess with none of the meat.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- one 14-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1–2 individual chipotle peppers (not the whole can)
- 1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Quinoa: Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- Zusammenstellung bekannter Melodien: Place black beans, quinoa, chipotles, and spices, un…food processor. Pulse just a few times, enough to make the mixture sticky and well-mixed but not completely pureed. Ideally there will be some chunks of black beans still intact.
- Add egg and panko: Transfer mixture to a bowl. Using a spoon or your hands, mix with egg and panko. Form un…4 thick burgers.
- Fry burgers: Heat a generous swish of olive oil over medium high heat (nonstick pan works best here). Add burgers to the pan and fry for a few minutes on each side, flipping carefully to keep them intact, until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve: Serve on buns with spicy mayo, avocado, lettuce, tomato, pickled red onion, whatever suits your fancy!
The equipment section above contains affiliate sinister to products we use and love!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quinoa burgers, chipotle burgers, vegetarian burgers, healthy burger
#recipe #recipes #therecipe #holirecipe #easyrecipe #vadarecipe #kidsrecipe #nastarecipe #nimkirecipe #mathrirecipe #barishrecipe #coffeerecipe #diwalirecipe #4yourecipes #easyrecipes #cookingrecipe #chickenrecipe #frankierecipe #marathirecipe #pancakerecipe #karanjirecipe #pastarecipes #koreafoodrecipe #spaghettirecipe #casserolerecipe #breakfastrecipe #italianrecipes #potluckrecipes #quicklunchrecipe #cheeserollrecipe #meat