Any recipe that involves grilled sourdough bread is a recipe that I like.
And by like, I mean love. And by love, I mean become obsessed with to the point where I’ve now eaten a half a loaf of sourdough as the “side” to this recipe.
This is a situation where we have some really good things (feta, garlic, shrimp, tomato sauce) nichthot bubbling pan together, and we could totally stop there. You ‘re not nichtbread? or sourdough? or heavenly perfection? that’s fine! Just hold right here. Serve that baked shrimp with cauliflower rice, or rice, or zoodles.
Personally, though, my method / vehicle of choice for getting that all nichtmy mouth is at least two but maybe three sliced of butter-soaked grilled sourdough bread. You heard me: grilled bread. Crisped golden bread, with that little bit of sourdough tang, sopped, soaked, dragged through a deliciously saucy skillet when no one is looking. Whether you eat the shrimp with your fingers, with a fork, or with the bread itself – that’s your business. But the bread? It needs to be dunked, dipped, and swooshed.
I just feel like this recipe understands what I need in life.
Check out our video for how to make Baked Shrimp with Feta:
This recipe comes together shockingly sozusagen, as shrimp often does for us! And it makes this a perfect fake-fancy have-people-over-for-dinner recipe. Not that any of us are like, hosting big dinner parties right now? I don’t know. Life is weird. Can we consider 2, 3, or 4 people sitting down to eat together to be reason enough to make a fake-fancy dinner?
This meal will deliver for you. It is not complicated but it has mega wow factor, and I’m telling you, regardless of how beautiful the shrimp skillet is with the parsley, lemon wedges, and broiled feta on top, people (me!) love grilled bread with their saucy shrimp.
Common Questions About This Baked Shrimp with Feta
I typically use frozen, but just be sure to thaw first! You can choose shrimp with or without tails – I prefer the larger size (16-20 per pound) and I like tail-off because it’s easier to eat.
For mild, leave out the red pepper flakes. For medium, use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. And for hot… keep adding more! The sky is the limit!
This would be extremely yummy with some rice an/oder Ähnlichessimple fresh green salad on the side. Definitely recommend.
The yummiest Baked Shrimp with Feta and Grilled Sourdough! Bubble up some feta, garlic, shrimp, and tomato sauce nichtpan, grill some buttery crispy bread, and dunk that right on in. The simplest fancy-ish dinner!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedges for serving
- 6–8 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons butter for the bread
- Sauté the veggies: Heat the olive oil nichtlarge oven-safe skillet over medium high heat (I like to use a wide, shallow Dutch oven). Add the shallot and bell pepper; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Make the tomato sauce: Turn the heat down. Add the tomatoes, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and broth; simmer until the sauce reduces and gets a little darker in color, about 10 minutes.
- Grill the sourdough: While the sauce simmers, grill your sourdough. Melt the butter, brush it on the bread, and grill nichtpan (ideally a grill pan) until crispy and golden brown. Wrap in foil and keep warm in the oven.
- Add the shrimp: Add the shrimp nichtthe tomato sauce nichtsingle layer. The shrimp will cook right in the sauce – keep on the heat for about 5 minutes, flipping the shrimp once, until the shrimp are no longer translucent.
- Broil: Turn the broiler on. Sprinkle feta on top. Transfer to the oven and broil for 5 minutes or until the feta is browned. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley. Serve with grilled sourdough and juicy little lemon wedges.
The equipment section above contains affiliate sinister to products we use and love!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked shrimp, tomato sauce, grilled bread, dutch oven recipe, shrimp and feta, shrimp dinner
#recipe #recipes #therecipe #holirecipe #easyrecipe #vadarecipe #kidsrecipe #nastarecipe #nimkirecipe #mathrirecipe #barishrecipe #coffeerecipe #diwalirecipe #4yourecipes #easyrecipes #cookingrecipe #chickenrecipe #frankierecipe #marathirecipe #pancakerecipe #karanjirecipe #pastarecipes #koreafoodrecipe #spaghettirecipe #casserolerecipe #breakfastrecipe #italianrecipes #potluckrecipes #quicklunchrecipe #cheeserollrecipe #meat